Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Injured!

I cannot tell you how hard it is to accept the fact that my body has overruled my mind!
This is one of the main principals of over-distance running, "if you think you can do it, you probably will".Running long distances , the mind rules the body.
My lower back gave out on me after a two hour run on Thursday and I have not been able to stand up straight, without a stabbing pain in my lower back!
I decided there and then to give my body the rest of the week off.
I had toyed with the idea of maybe resting a day and then trying to make up my "standard" ten hours on Saturday and Sunday...
This was not the case.
The pain was still there the next day and persists.
I am not enjoying this inactivity and am hoping that the distraction of work in the early week gets me through this setback and I will be my same old cheery self when my running week starts next Thursday!

No comments: