Translate

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Downtown Dash

I wake up early and head to work, catching the bus on time. Before work, I decide to go for a 5 km run, mostly downhill. As I start running down Johnson Street, I reflect on the downtown area and the Johnson Street Bridge, which I remember seeing open four years ago. Passing through the multi-occupancy buildings, I cross Douglas Street and enter downtown Victoria. Running in civilian clothes with a bandana and backpack, I observe the city's main drag, Douglas Street, and the quaint Lower Johnson Street with trendy shops. Approaching the Johnson Street Bridge, I switch to vertical recording with my phone. As I cross the bridge, I capture views of the inner harbor and industrial area, noting the bridge's opening for large ships. Continuing my run, I pass through the upper harbor section, admiring the condos and new developments. Eventually, I reach a lookout spot with views of the Selkirk Trestle and Gorge Road Bridge. After reaching halfway to my calorie goal, I take a break and admire the surroundings before continuing my run. Passing by favorite houses and nearing the end of my run, I record my podcast sign-off, feeling accomplished as I head to work.

No comments: