Translate
Blog Archive
Sunday, October 04, 2026
Hibiscus:Running 'The Extra Mile...'
I set out on my Sunday run with a five-mile target, deliberately leaving GPS, Samantha, and most of the usual data collection behind as I concentrated instead on storytelling and simply enjoying the run. My plan was to cross the Blenkinsop Trestle, say hello to my old friend Farmer Roy, and use the back gate of GardenWorks as a handy shortcut—but the gate was firmly secured with a chain and padlock, so the Jackal had to take the long way around via Lohbrunner and Blenkinsop. I eventually reached GardenWorks and asked about hibiscus plants, only to discover that neither indoor nor outdoor varieties were currently in stock, although they offered to contact me when they arrived. I left my name and number and specified that I was looking for a small six- or eight-inch plant, preferably with red flowers, which would make a nice addition to my wife's hibiscus-tea connection. So the mission was only semi-successful—the shortcut failed and the hibiscus remained elusive—but I came home with useful information, another Sunday run in the bag, and one more little Jackal adventure for the podcast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment