Translate

Blog Archive

Friday, August 26, 2005

The "Monty"


Seven souls turned up good and early for the first running of the Monty. We all ran the short course today, Ludo did an amazing job today and romped home in a blistering 2:25:28, he was gamely pursued by Peter Erickson of Ocean River , Unfortunately Peter rolled an ankle trying to catch the flying Frenchman, He had 2:35:33 on his clock, third man in was Pano Skrivanos of IRR, he was telling me about his runs on Mt. Newton, he hung with Geoff and I for the first two hours, then when I told him we had 30 mins. to go he switched into the more anaerobic stuff that he trains for so well at the track and bounded off on the down run to the finish 2:41:36, Geoff and I seem to have formed a bond ever since I nearly met my maker the other day at his Fluffy Bunny. We rolled up to the bridge in 2:45:20.

No comments: