Translate

Blog Archive

Friday, October 14, 2005

Great Lake Walk 56K 2005


Exactly one week after running my first 100 mile race I toed the line once again, this time in a local "round the lake run" @ Lake Cowichan, B.C.I was by no means fully recovered from my previous weeks race but decided that the chances of doing reasonably well were good as the bulk of the field were hikers.I had the good fortune of winning the inaugural running of this race and wanted to have an unbroken streak in something!This year was the slowest finish for me, there was just no oumph in me, I felt better at the end of the run than the beginning, but I couldn't move any faster...one hour slower than my normal 5 hour finish and 8th place O/A.Great bunch of people up there, I think they are going to name a street after me.Hahahahaha.

No comments: