Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 05, 2006

"Pigtail's" run 50K Washington 2006


Dan and I were going over to Vancouver and down to Washington for a race this weekend, The Lord Hill 50K was cancelled due to high winds heavy rain and deep mud and standing water...
The RD put us onto another run in Renton so we trucked on down to do that one....
Three 10 mile loops of the Young's Lake water catchment area.
The race description mentioned a fence and that "If we didn't cross the road we couldn't get lost".
We literally were never more than three feet from the fence the whole time!
I now know what 50K of chain-link looks like. I felt like a wetback running the border!
Talking of wet, there was a heck of a lot of wind and rain, a fair amount of mud and a lot of debris on the mainly smooth pack (E/B type) gravel.
The crew were mainly young and the winning time was 4:20ish I think, Dan and I missed the last email as we were away from our PC's, this was to tell us that the race start time had been changed to 8:00 am from 9:00 so we missed the start,Bit he and I were trained up and tapered off for this one so we just chased them round the lake.
Luckily they were doing an either direction with and alternating option.
That way we managed to see just about everyone, that was cool.
I did three in one direction, Dan did one with me , one, half alone(pit-stops, pee brakes and refueling tends to split us up.) The last lap he did in the opposite direction so he could see where I was at.
I reeled in two of the early starters and a few people dropped after 20 miles (two laps) Finishing time 4:50:53 pretty even laps give or take 5 mins between the three.(1:33,1:37, 1:38)

No comments: